Class 4 update - 23rd March
Good Afternoon Class 4
How are you all (my ‘petit potatoes’). It all feels a little bit bizarre today doesn’t it? But if you can get yourself into a bit of a routine this week, then everything will soon start to feel a bit more normal.
So how do you learn at home? I thought I could pass on a few tips:
1. When you are learning at home, do it 'little and often'. Change between different activities, including some online ones, so that you don’t start to feel bored.
2. You don’t have to do everything every day. We don’t do reading comprehensions and long pieces of writing every day, do we? It’s a good idea to try and do some Maths and some English each day but you don’t have to do it all! Below is a list of reminders of the things you might do.
3. Make sure you move about! Get outside in the garden, make yourself an exercise circuit, do some Go Noodle, join Joe Wicks on his YouTube page every morning at 9 (we’ll be there!), Relax Kids and Cosmic Yoga are great too.
4. Be creative! This helps you to feel more positive and calmer about things. Do the things you enjoy most – drawing, making, crafting, colouring, coding, singing, sewing, gardening.
5. Keep in touch! Send a letter, a postcard, call someone or even video call them, tweet the school account, send an email! We’d love to hear from you.
6. Take care of yourselves, wash your hands and be kind. It’s all a bit strange at the minute and everyone, even grown-ups, need an extra little bit of kindness, patience and help.
Speak to you soon,
Reminder of Activities at home:
TT Rockstars – try to complete 30 mins a session. https://ttrockstars.com/
Spelling and Maths Shed website https://play.edshed.com/
Power Maths Books – 30 mins a session, if possible. This may not be a complete lesson in the book. Try to focus on pages that are not new to you.
KIRFs – Spend 15 minutes working on some KIRF facts learning them by heart. (Conker KIRFs has some great online games for this.) http://www.conkermaths.org/cmweb.nsf/pages/kirfs.html
Daily Reading – at least 30 mins a day, write down new vocabulary – don’t forget to investigate what these words mean! If you finish a book, complete a book review – we’d love to see these!
Read theory – online reading comprehension minimum of 30 mins a session. We can see your progress – Can you do 10 quizzes this week? Go to : readtheory.org/auth/login
Pobble 365 – aim to complete 1 writing task per week.
Handwriting and Spelling – 15 mins per day, using the statutory word lists provided. Or use Spelling Shed website.
Year 6 : Your SATs revision guides are a great resource. But let’s not call them SATs guides anymore! Let me know your ideas for renaming them!
Don’t forget there are more ideas for creative and topic based tasks on the original letter we sent out.
If you’re finding it tricky, try a different activity and if all else fails – READ!
Bonjour dynamique douzaine!
Happy Monday - I hope you all had a fantastic weekend and you managed to mix it up a bit, maybe had a dance off with parents??
I'm really missing our 'news' today but it was wonderful to hear about all the great things you were doing last week. Volcanoe experiment, DT building, PT sessions in the garden to name but a few, even taking on the role of Teacher.
It was also great to hear how many of you were accessing your TTRockstars, Readtheory and maths sheets. Remember to read each day and have a go at a longer piece of writing each week ( Pobble 365) as well as all the exciting new activties available.
Two Week Home Learning Project
Science - Space Presenters
Science for this half term is embedding our knowledge of Earth and Space from work previosly covered in Class 3.
This week Prof Brian Cox is asking for your help. Go to link below and work through each session.
Hamilton science-year 5 science- space presenters
Have fun, get plenty of fresh air and exercise and I look forward to catching up with you all later in the week.
You will love these characters and he gives step by step classes to follow like our mountain view.
Take a picture and send to the school email address or log on to school twitter account. I will send mine in for our own gallery.
Mrs A x